Thursday, April 28, 2011

Heaven can wait.

Today dawned with clear skies and I slept in until 8am. Nothing to do but hang out, trade stories that are already getting old, and watch the activity in the center grow.

In the late afternoon we were dismayed to see storms gathering, and by 6 pm we were getting hit.

The can't roll back the gantry (or RSS- Rotating Service Structure) and begin fueling unless the winds are within a certain level, and no lighting within a certain number of miles. After the first line went through we were hoping we were in the clear but a second line began building.

They have until 1am before they cancel "rollback" and fueling, we're hanging out here and waiting but the number of optimists are dwindling. If they don't start fueling tonight the launch will be pushed back 24-48 hours.

Here's the latest weather radar. I'm not optimistic about fueling tonight and a launch tomorrow...

Update: They're going to try for RSS rollback at 2345. 

No comments:

Post a Comment